Presented by Race SLO and the City of San Luis Obispo the conference for healthcare professionals, athletic trainers, coaches and runners interested in maintaining and promoting the health of runners; be part of the “Endurance Town USA” experience on April 26–30, 2017
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. — (December 13, 2016) — The SLO Marathon + Half Marathon will host the national Healthy Running Conference presented by Race SLO and the City of San Luis Obispo. The 4-day conference at the Madonna Inn from April 26–29, 2017 provides continuing education for primary care, sports medicine, physical medicine & rehabilitation physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, athletic trainers, coaches and runners interested in maintaining and promoting the health of runners. The 6th SLO Marathon & Half event, an Endurance Town USA running tradition also produced by Race SLO, will be held on Saturday-Sunday, April 29–30.
“For our conference attendees, we are bringing together a world-renowned speaker line-up to share their professional knowledge and sport experience as well as offer hands-on best practice sessions,” said Samantha Pruitt, Race SLO Founder & CEO. “The Healthy Running Conference adds invaluable education to Race SLO’s annual family of events. This latest event portfolio addition once again increases Race SLO’s momentum of positive impact on both our participants’ lives and beloved local community.”
This year’s conference educators include:
- Lt. Col. Dr. Mark Cucuzzella — MD Professor at West Virginia University School of Medicine; US Air Force Efficient Running Project & Reservist, Director of the Natural Running Center and Freedom’s Run Race Series and elite masters runner
- Jay Dicharry, MPT, SCS — Author of Anatomy for Runners, Board-Certified Sports Clinical Specialist, Director of the REP Biomechanics Lab, Certified Coach of United States Track & Field Association, the United States Cycling Federation and Golf Fitness Instructor through the Titleist Performance Institute and Ironman triathlete.
- Dr. Phil Maffetone — Internationally recognized leader in achieving optimum human performance using the MAF Method; author of over 20 books including The Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing; voted top-20 most influential people in endurance sports worldwide.
- Dr. Hiraoki Tanaka, PhD — Professor at Fukuoka University, founder of the Institute for Physical Activity, Author of Slow Jogging and champion marathon runner
- Dr. Steven Smith, PhD — Associate Professor Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara, ultra runner
- Ian Adamson, MS Sports Medicine, BS Mechanical Engineering — President of the International Obstacle Racing Federation, Event Producer, most successful adventure racer of all time with seven world championship wins, 22 world championship podium finishes, 18 international adventure race championship titles, world record holder and ESPN X-Games Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist
The 4-day Healthy Running conference provides 15 hours Cat 1 AMA CME via WVU School of Medicine, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians along with other continuing education credits for various professionals. Conference registration includes race registration, social activities and opportunity to join the SLO Marathon Professional Medical Team for race weekend. In addition, daily and class passes are available to the public. The conference is limited to 200 and is expected to sell out.
For detailed Heathy Running Conference information including the daily schedule, visit healthyrunning.org and to register for the limited capacity conference go to: https://raceroster.com/events/2017/10517/2017-healthy-running-conference
For SLO Marathon 2017 event information, visit: www.slomarathon.com
Visit RaceSLO.com for upcoming events and to register today.
Established in 2008 to bring world class sporting events to the beautiful California Central Coast, the Race SLO family of annual events currently includes the SLO Marathon + Half and Family Fitness 5K (Spring), Healthy Running Conference (Spring), SLO GranFondo (Fall) and SLO Ultra at Wild Cherry Canyon (Fall).
The Race SLO Team organizes and produces both fun and competitive running and cycling events that create a positive impact on both our participants and local communities.
Our mission: Through human experiences, we create social & economic impact to share our legacy.
Come experience the best the California Central Coast has to offer: year-round sunshine, rolling green hills, unspoiled open roads, first class finish lines and more. Come Race SLO: #EnduranceTownUSA!