Three 2016 Race SLO events — SLO Marathon + Half, SLO Ultra & SLO GranFondo — also generate more than $230,000 in local Endurance Town USA tax revenue
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. — (January 12, 2017) — Race SLO,California Central Coast’s leading endurance sports event producer, has completed an economic impact study of its three 2016 events: 5th SLO Marathon + Half and 5K (Spring), inaugural SLO Ultra trail races (late Summer) and 3rd SLO GranFondo cycling festival (Fall). According to the comprehensive study compiled by Productive Impact LLC, overall, the three events produced $4.01 million of total economic impact in San Luis Obispo County plus more than $230,000 in local tax revenue.
“Our family of annual Race SLO events created not only healthy & fun experiences for our participants as well as their family & friends, but our 2016 community events also proved to have tangible positive economic benefits to our local economy and governments,” said Samantha Pruitt, Race SLO Founder & CEO. “This economic impact survey reinforces the growing Race SLO footprint and our beloved Endurance Town USA’s reputation as a healthy & athletic, connected to nature, event destination.”
- Overall $4.01 million in 2016 local economic impact, including impacts from not only operations and visitors coming from out of the area, but also the indirect and induced effects that are generated from their direct spending.
- For every dollar spent by Race SLO to put on one of its events, an additional $5.63 of economic impact was then generated into San Luis Obispo County.
- Race SLO additionally created a social impact for local non-profits by raising $26,095.
- In 2016, Race SLO events attracted 5,790unique visitors from outside the County.
- Local residents constituted about 45% of the total 2016 Race SLO event registrants.
- Average economic impact generated by each participant was $730.91.
- Race SLO guests had an average length of stay at approximately 1.6 days each for all the events.
- Local governments collected a total of $234,604 in new tax revenue as a result of the Race SLO events in 2016.
To download the complete report, click here.
ABOUT RACE SLO
Established in 2008 to bring world class sporting events to the beautiful California Central Coast, the Race SLO 2017 event line-up includes the 6th SLO Marathon + Half and 5K (Spring 2017), the NEW Healthy Running Sports Medicine Conference (Spring 2017), SLO Ultra trail races & NEW Mountain Bike Race at Wild Cherry Canyon (Fall 2017) and SLO GranFondo cycling & VIP event (Fall 2017).
The Race SLO Team organizes and produces both fun & competitive running and cycling events that create a positive impact on both our participants and local communities.
Our mission: Through human experiences, we create social & economic impact to share our legacy.
Come experience the best the California Central Coast has to offer: year-round sunshine, rolling green hills, unspoiled open roads, first class finish lines and more. Come Race SLO: #EnduranceTownUSA!
Visit RaceSLO.com for more information.