World’s first and only international trail & ultra running film tour series to be shown on Race SLO Movie Night Wednesday, March 16; tickets available online; also register today to be part of the “Endurance Town USA” experience on April 30-May 1, 2016
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. — (March 3, 2016) — The San Luis Obispo Marathon, Half Marathon + 5K Family Fitness Day presented by LeftLaneSports.com is partnering again with the San Luis Obispo International Film Festival to showcase a series of running movies. Wednesday, March 16 will be Race SLO Movie Night with the screening of “Trails In Motion” at 7:00pm at the Mission Cinemas, next to the historic Fremont Theatre. The 5th Marathon & Half weekend, a San Luis Obispo running tradition produced by Race SLO, will be held on April 30-May 1.
“As a sponsor of the SLO Film Festival, we are thrilled to present Trails In Motion, six short films and one feature-length documentary that showcase both the challenges and joys of trail and ultra running,” said Samantha Pruitt, Race SLO Founder & CEO. “This inspirational film series is the perfect complement to our upcoming 5th edition of the SLO Marathon and Half as well as our inaugural fall SLO Ultra, both in Endurance Town USA! We are also hosting a Q&A after the showing with Director Myles Smythe of This Is Your Day along with featured film runners Caroline Boller and Kelsie Clausen.”
TRAILS IN MOTION snapshot
- This Is Your Day (USA): Follows three unique individuals in one of the most storied 100-mile races in the world, the Western States Endurance Run; 50 min.
- Shandi Kano — Be Bold (USA): Shandi’s comeback story after the high pressures of competitive running and witnessing the bombings at the 2013 Boston Marathon; 3 min.
- Mile for Mile: Ultrarunners Krissy Moehl, Jeff Browning and Luke Nelson run 106 miles through the newly opened Patagonia Park in Chile; 15 min.
- Nuevos Pasos (France): A walk through Spanish ultra runner Luis Alberto Hernando’s dedication to running; 7 min.
- A Journey to Black Mountain (South Africa): Accomplished American ultra runner Scott Jaime traveled to South Africa to embark on a trail running adventure through the heart of the cape; 14 min.
- Kroger’s Canteen (South Africa): In 2014, Kilian Jornet won the Hardrock Hundred Mile Endurance Run through the San Juan’s of Colorado; 7 min.
- The Last Time I Heard True Silence (USA): Iraq Army veteran, Noah Cass, enters a 50-mile wilderness race as an important spiritual and emotional journey; 22 min.
Trails In Motion, being presented in more than 130 cities and across 30 countries, is the world’s first and only annual international trail and ultra running film tour. Watch the movie trailer here: https://youtu.be/pq1RVnral4o and also visit www.trailsinmotion.com for more information.
To order tickets for Trails In Motion, go to: http://slofilmfest.org/tickets-passes
ABOUT RACE SLO
Established in 2010 to bring world class sporting events to the beautiful California Central Coast, the Race SLO family of annual events includes the 5th SLO Marathon + Half and Family Fitness 5K (Spring 2016), SLO GranFondo cycling event (Fall 2016) and the inaugural SLO Ultra trail races at Wild Cherry Canyon (Fall 2016).
The Race SLO Team organizes and produces both fun and competitive running and cycling events that create a positive impact on both our participants and local communities.
Come experience the best the California Central Coast has to offer: year-round sunshine, rolling green hills, unspoiled open roads, first class finish lines and more. Come Race SLO: #EnduranceTownUSA!
Visit RaceSLO.com for more information.